About Me

My photo
My thoughts are my own...

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Petals, Mariah Carey

This song always makes me feel better. it showed that i'm not the only one who goes through a difficult life...

Mariah Carey's Rainbow Album


I've often wondered if there's 
Ever been a perfect family 
I've always longed for undividedness 
And sought stability 

A flower taught me how to pray 
But as I grew, that flower changed 
She started flailing in the wind 
Like golden petals scattering 

CHORUS 1: 
And I miss you dandelion 
And even love you 
And I wish there was a way 
For me to trust you 
But it hurts me every time 
I try to touch you 

But I miss you dandelion 
And even love you 

I gravitated towards a patriarch 
So young predictably 
I was resigned to spend my life 
Within a maze of misery 

A boy and girl befriended me 
We're bonded through despondency 
I stayed so long but finally 
I fled to save my sanity 

CHORUS 2: 
And I miss you little sis and 
Little brother 
And I hope you realize 
I'll always love you 
And although you're struggling 
You will recover 
And I miss you little sis and 
Little brother 

So many I considered 
Closest to me 
Turned on a dime and sold me 
Out dutifully 
Although that knife was chipping 
Away at me 
They turned their eyes away and 
Went home to sleep ... 

CHORUS 3: 
And I missed a lot of life 
But I'll recover 
Though I know you really like 
To see me suffer 
Still I wish that you and I'd 
Forgive each other 
'Cause I miss you, Valentine 
And really loved you 

I really loved you - 
I tried so hard 
But you drove me away 
To preserve my sanity - 

And I found the strength to break away 
Fly..

No comments: